Sunday, September 13, 2009

A Girl and Her Blankie: A Love Story








Before Iris was born, some friends from my local yarn store, the Knit Nook, knit and assembled squares for a blanket for Iris. I was (and still am) so touched by their thoughtfulness and generosity. They knew that I would prefer something less traditional than baby pink, so they picked a color scheme that was still girly, but vivid and interesting. I don't know who made every square, but I can pick out a few knitters by name. I never knit a blanket for her (and probably never will- baby blankets are just not my style) so it was a good thing I had knitting friends to pick up the slack.

As you can see, Iris really loves the blanket, day and night. I think she can feel the love emanating from it or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment